Nephalem Rift (previously called "Loot Run") is a randomized dungeon system for Diablo III, introduced in Reaper of Souls. The rift runs last 10-20 minutes and consist of random areas, monsters, and bosses. The layouts stem from taking the tilesets and dungeons of the game and re-organizing/shuffling them. Monsters are likewise re-shuffled, found in combinations otherwise not present. The rifts have 1-10 levels. Each level is effectively a different dungeon, with a different monster combination. They are accessed via Nephalem Obelisks.
During the event, a progress bar will appear just beneath the game's mini-map, starting at 0%. As the player kills monsters, the bar increases. Once it reaches 100%, the event's Rift Guardian will spawn near the player.
Buffs are present in the rifts that are otherwise not present, such as one-shot abilities, no cast cooldown or vulnerability, etc.
- ↑ 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – FAQ. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-12-20
- ↑ 2013-10-21, Reaper of Souls at BlizzCon® 2013 on PC and PS4. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2013-10-21
- ↑ 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PS4 – Fact Sheet. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-12-20
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2013-12-01, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preview Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-01-04
- ↑ 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Gameplay Videos. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-12-20
- ↑ 2013-11-23, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Nephalem Rift on Crusader lvl 26. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-01-01
- ↑ 2013-12-05, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Bounty: Rewards Change. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-01-20